Snoring Causes and Symptoms and Tips to Stop Snoring
Snoring is a widely prevalent human habit which is not to be ignored. It has been found that in the age group of 30 – 35 years 20% of men and 5% of women snore and by the age of 60 years, as many as 60 out of 100 men will snore.
Common causes of snoring
Although it may be upsetting to think that there could be problems at the root of you or your bed buddy’s snoring, it’s important to get to the bottom of it. When you do, you’ll protect your health, and the intimacy of your relationship.
1. Age. As you reach middle age and beyond, your throat becomes narrower, and the muscle tone in your throat decreases.
2. The way you’re built. Men have narrower air passages than women and are more likely to snore. A narrow throat, a cleft palate, enlarged adenoids, and other physical attributes (which contribute to snoring) can be hereditary.
3. Nasal and sinus problems. Blocked airways make inhalation difficult and create a vacuum in the throat, leading to snoring.
4. Being overweight or out of shape. Fatty tissue and poor muscle tone contribute to snoring.
5. Alcohol, smoking, and medications. Alcohol intake, smoking (or second-hand smoke), and certain medications, increase muscle relaxation leading to more snoring.
6. Sleep posture. Sleeping flat on your back causes the flesh of your throat to relax and block the airway.
Read more on http://www.babaramdevmedicines.com
Home Remedy For Snoring
1. One of the best ways to stop snoring would be to lose weight. This might surprise you, but weight loss reduces and even ends snoring.
2. Another way to stop snoring would be to lessen, better stop, smoking. It is said that smoking causes increased nasal congestion and mucous in the throat area.
3. Alcohol causes relaxation in the soft tissues and muscles in the throat, leading to snoring. Reducing the intake of alcohol can lessen, or even stop, snoring.
4. The ideal posture while sleeping would be on the sides. This would reduce the intensity of sound created while snoring.
5. Olive oil is said to reduce snoring. Take 2 to 3 sips of it before going to bed. This would lessen the noise and also stop snoring after some time.
6. Follow a regular sleep routine. Sleep at fixed times and get up at the same time. This is believed to reduce snoring.
7. In boiling water, place a bunch of sage and let it steep. Allow it to cool. Before going to bed, strain this mixture and gargle with the liquid. This will prove effective in reducing snoring.
8. Avoid having heavy meals or foods that are too spicy or oily, in dinner. They tend to aggravate the problem of snoring.